Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How Christians Helped Change The World!

Greetings-

I preach and teach and talk at churches, chapels, conferences and functions all over the USA and the world. Those that have heard me speak know that I use the Parable teaching style that Christ used and that I enjoy telling true stories of the horse and of historical facts on how Christians changed the world. Many tell me that they wish they could here more facts about our history.

So I want to share some of the ways that Christians helped change the world in ways that you may or may not realize.

When you go to the local YMCA is was set up for the sole purpose by George Williams in the 1840's to win young men to Christ" and today it serves 20,000,000 members and still features Christian values.

The Salvation Army was born in England in the 1800's in the Industrial Revolution to minister specifically to the poorest of the poor and help provide food, shelter, and support along with the salvation message.

Christian mission organizations like the London Missionary Society helped overcome and abolish world slavery, fought for equality, established Child Labor Laws, built hospitals to mend the poor and established schools to overcome illiteracy. Christians dating back in the Roman Empire were already creating homes for orphans, the abandoned and the elderly.

Christian relief organizations such as World Vision, Samaritans Purse, Victims Relief, Convoy of Hope, Texas Baptist Men, Food for the Hungry, Victim Relief Ministries and Medical Teams International work hand in hand with thousands of churches to provide relief and care to those in crisis.

What would compel young people to study medicine and then spend their lives in remote places, for little or nothing, to minister to those that have little or no access to medicine or doctors.

The answer would be the one who truly changed the world over 2,000 years ago. Jesus Christ who overcame the world and commanded his disciples to go out and proclaim the Good News and to be Good Samaritans in action!

The RTCA through its chaplains and its national evangelism programs is helping to change the world in the Global Horse Racing Village. And we thank all who support this and make this happen!

Jesus said- "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me...whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25: 35-36, 40

No comments: