Monday, August 20, 2007

The Global Cross- The Universal Liberator

On Sunday I experienced some beautiful views of God's handiwork as I traveled over the bay on the San Mateo Bridge to head up 880 North that would carry me along the bay coast line and up through Oakland into the race track at Vallejo near Napa Valley.

I marveled at the beauty of the coastal foothills and green mountains, crowned with towering trees as the refreshing air swept through my car, San Francisco looked like a postcard with sail boats sweeping along the islands or beneath the bridges and disapperaing in and out of fog that came and went throughout the day.

Somewhere to the north of Oakland I noticed an American Flag flying on a treeless, grassy brown hill. The flag was slanted and sculptured men were pushing the flag upward. I knew from my history it was a replica to the marines who fought on Iwo Jima in World War II as they raised the American Flag over a heavily contested mountain top.

My mind went back to the devotions and bible studies I had been giving over the last few days in the tracks of Northern California. I thought of a cross standing on a hill and the Lord pushing it up and then sacrificing himself in the battle to redeem mankind- and more importantly that He indeed won the war for all who accept Him.

I looked at the pacific waters that were in the bay and thought those same waters washed up on the shores of South Korea and Australia and New Zealand and Chile- where we have been helping to further the cause of Christ by planting the cross of victory on race tracks in those countries and presenting the salvation message of the ultimate Savior, Redeemer and Liberator- The Lord Jesus Christ!

Praise the Lord for all of you involved in the RTCA ministry and for helping spead the gospel throughout the USA, Canada and the world.

No comments: